Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Christmas Advent Scavenger Hunt



Its that time of year again, and this year it definitely seems to have come along again a lot quicker, I'm sure I only just organised last years!

Please say you will join me again in putting twenty-four little Christmas pictures on your blog as if it were an Advent Calendar?

Friday 1st December is the day we start opening doors on the Advent Calendar or in our case one picture per day for the blog posts.  

This year I thought I would take a leaf from Hawthorn's book, hope you  don't mind me copying Kate....... and have a Scavenger Hunt.

You put a different picture on everyday leading up to 24th December.  

  You can use your own photos, taken recently or from the family album/archive taken years ago, or use little films/cartoons from You Tube.


Letterbox

Something handcrafted for Christmas


Favourite Christmas recipe


Christmas book(s)

Stained Glass Window

Robin

Bell(s)

Sleigh

Christmas Bauble


Holly and Ivy


Snowman



Angel

First Christmas Card received in the post


Christmas Crackers

Tree before dressed


Tree after dressed

Christmas wrapping paper

Mistletoe

Stocking or Christmas Sack/Bag

Wrapped present(s)


Winter


Father Christmas


Nativity

The Night Before Christmas

Remember one picture or little film/cartoon per day


Please leave comment if you would like to join in, and I will list everyone on 30th November





13 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. I'm not sure I will be organised enough to join in with you but I will definitely enjoy looking out for your photographs during December. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Count me in for sure - and I'll put a link on my blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to be interesting to see what you come up with this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, this sounds like a lovely idea, and I’m definitely thinking about it.

    The problem is I’m not sure I would be able to find something for each of the prompts. For instance, I could find plenty of Christmas book(s) but would struggle with ' handcrafted for Christmas'. Also where you say ‘tree before dressed’ could I use an illustration from a vintage book or Christmas card showing children dressing a tree?

    Also would it be possible to use one picture from a previous Christmas post with a link back to the post? I’ve got some really old posts that were probably seen by very few people, and it would be nice to give them another airing.

    I suppose I’m asking how rigid the rules are.

    Sorry to be a pest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for getting back to me by email Julie - I'm in. This is going to be fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully I'll join in too Julie if I may. Thanks & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this would be fun and I haven't joined in with anything like this for ages. Please put me down.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees,Julie, I would love to take part again! Now need to remember to do it! Thanks for thinking of it again!!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea but unfortunately due to work commitments (12hr shifts) I'll have to pass. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in too. Should be fun.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure if I'll be organised enough to do every day, but I'd love to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to join in please x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!